Sunday, April 3, 2011

Teaching Philosophy/Reading Goals

I believe that as teacher’s we are also learners. We must teach what we know, but continue to learn what we don’t know. The teaching process should also be a process of learning, growing, and evolving continuously. Educators should teach their students what they know, and what they are learning to help their students grow in mind, body, and spirit.
As an educator I will strive to incorporate all learning styles into my lessons and assessments. Every child learns differently. More traditional schooling does not best suit all children. In my class I will teach and asses’ students in ways that meet all learning styles. I will present material in ways that will help the children learn quicker and more efficiently.
I feel that if materials are presented to students in all learning styles the children and the teacher will benefit. Children will become lifelong learners and develop a love of learning. Teachers’ will reach a larger audience, and accomplish their goals sooner. The class room should be a place that children succeed. I feel that my teaching methods will allow students to learn, succeed, and develop a lifelong love of learning.
In my class I will encourage parent participation. I will allow volunteers to help in my classroom. Also I will display students work around the school and community. I hope this encourages parent involvement. I will support the children in and out of my classroom. I feel that it is essential to find out what each child is good at and support the child in that area weather it is academic or not.
I want my classroom to be a safe and stimulating environment for the children. I hope that my students will learn academicly, spiritually, and socially in my classroom. I want children to not only learn the curriculum but important life skills as well in my class. This will help the students begin to lead a successful lifestyle.

Reading Goals:
I hope to instel in my students a life long love of reading. As a teacher I will use reading programs, idependent reading, and parental involvement to aide my students reading abilities. I will use proven teaching methods when teaching my students how to read. I will also indiviualize my reading instruction to met each student's needs. I want every student I teach to learn to read,improve their reading skills, and love to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment